Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pampering grandma = angry mummy!

15th September 2007

It's a Saturday and as usual, daddy's parents came over to entertain the little prince while mummy slogs away at the computer, trying to finish setting her exam papers for year end exam.

Well, we got home after breakfast and Ryan seemed a little sleepy so mummy decided to bring him to the room to put him to bed...
He insisted on drinking his milk before sleeping but after he finished the bottle, he decided that it was going to be play time again and simply became active!

Mummy wasn't going to allow him to play since it was supposed to be a routine that he slept at around that time (11plus)
So she restrained him and didn't allow him to get off the bed. Of course, the obvious reaction...

Ryan started throwing tantrums, crying and even throwing his pacifier to the ground!

Mummy was fuming mad and placed him in the corner of the room where he continued crying of course!
Was speaking to him sternly at eye level when ah-ma decided to 'rescue' the little one!

My insistence on leaving him alone and even asking her to go out of the room fell on deaf ears as she kept saying 'He knows there's people around lah! Don't make him cry...'

I was really furious with her at that time I tell you!

I was trying to discipline the rascal and there she was, spoiling him and making me look like the evil witch! My goodness! And I haven't even gotten the stick out to threaten Ryan with yet!
I can't imagine her reaction actually...

Anyway, upon her insistence, I had no choice but to let her carry Ryan out of the room where she entertained him for about another hour or so before he finally decided to take his nap...

I, of course, had to let daddy know my displeasure and he could only say, 'Aiyah, let her be lah...my parents only see him once a week! Let her play with him lor...'

Haiz! I'm guessing Ryan knows that he can have his way when his other set of grandparents are around...but trust me...the discipline will still be enforced! Daddy's mum just has to get used to it!

No comments: